- It’s a very nice sans serif font that is very legible
- It has tabular figures, which are great for displaying numbers in charts and tables
- It’s free and open source – the source is on Github, and you can report bugs and issues with the font (and from the looks of it, you’ll even get a prompt response)
- With exception of the capital ‘O’ and zero ‘0’, I don’t believe that there are any visually ambiguous characters
If you’re having trouble finding a good font for your reporting system, give Public Sans a shot.
Other articles by this author:
- Quick Hit: Programming Font Preview Tool
- Set up your own Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing/Reporting solution on the cheap
- Quick Hit: Chef Extends Open Source Licensing to All Its Software
- Are good people really that hard to find?
- Quick Hit: Invisible Formatting (XKCD)
Please follow and like us: